[Dnsmasq-discuss] IP address based on switch port number (option 82)

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Wed Feb 17 11:03:26 GMT 2010

Ignacio.Bravo at belden.com wrote:
> Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote on 16/02/2010 14:27:36:
>
>> fakeroot debian/rules binary
> I found a problem when fakerooting (sorry for my ignorance) Do I need to
> install additional tools containing this lib?:
> Package libidn was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libidn.pc'
> No package 'libidn' found

That's a mismatch between what's needed to compile Ubuntu's current
dnsmasq package and the latest one. the fix is

sudo apt-get install libidn11-dev

>> The magic you need is that you can invert tags, so make the last line
>>

> dhcp-range=net:#switch1,net:#puerto3,10.10.35.40,10.10.35.42,255.255.255.0
>> Then it can only be used when none of the port specific tags are in use.
>
> The problem I see here is switch1 tag is common to all switch1-ports. So I
> discard all switch1 ports when I write: net:#switch1
>
> I feel I need something like: #(switch1ANDport3) instead
> #(switch1)AND#(port3)
>
> Is it possible to set something like #(net:switch1,net:port3)? or maybe an
> OR function so that different conditions (switchANDport) apply to the same
> range?

Good point. Your requirements exceed what it's currently possible to
express using the tag system.

Maybe there needs to be something to calculate and arbitrary boolean
expression on tags

declare-tag set:newtag, !(switch1 & port1)

Joy, the options code finally becomes a full recusive-descent parser.

Let me think about this a bit more.

Simon.