[Dnsmasq-discuss] Add address file option

Jan 'RedBully' Seiffert redbully at cc.hs-owl.de
Fri Mar 5 23:44:53 GMT 2010

Perette Barella schrieb:

Was this mail also ment to go to the list?

> On 2010年03月05日, at 12:16, Jan 'RedBully' Seiffert wrote:
[snip]
> As far as coming up with a way to handle restarting dnsmasq without
> hiccups... I tend to agree with Brad... if you need 100% uptime, a better
> solution is a secondary DNS server rather than complexifying the heck out of
> dnsmasq.

Maybe my babbling was a little bit confusing:
Simon asked a question, and i _tried_ to give an answer, and i even talked a
little bit further on _theoretical_ solutions. I must confess i am a little bit
fascinated by this solution, that one can write a software which does such a
thing, because it's like changing your tires, while still driving...
Cool down guys (and girls), i didn't demand that, and as i already said, that
would be overkill.
I do _not_ even need that. I can life with "/etc/init.d/exim stop" my mailserver
and yelling over to the others they should click nothing for the next seconds.
"Timber!"

Still, reconfiguring certain aspects, also in "busy hours", on the fly can be
neat. I am happy with the possibilities as they are right now, but others seem
to have some unscratched itches...

> Perette

Greetings
	Jan

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes,
trouble shoots back.