[Dnsmasq-discuss] Using the PXE GUID/UUID to set a tag.

Niels Basjes dnsmasq at basjes.nl
Fri Mar 26 13:03:08 GMT 2010

Hi,

A PXE request contains a GUID/UUID value (option 97) that is usually a
name/serial number byte string of the actual mainboard hardware (not
the nic!).

Example of what I mean: I have an (ancient) dell here and when I PXE
boot this thing I get these values in the PXE request:
         Client Identifier (UUID): 4c4c4544-0059-3010-804c-c3c04f4d314a
The first 4 bytes are actually "DELL"

Now the manual of dnsmasq states:
             --dhcp-mac=3com,01:34:23:*:*:* will set the tag "3com"
for any host whose MAC address matches the pattern.

How do I do something similar for the value of the GUID/UUID value?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Niels Basjes