[Dnsmasq-discuss] Option 66 Bug?

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 20:50:41 GMT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Dayton Turner <dayton at voxter.ca> wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I tried setting the option 66 value to the IP that you suggested, and got
> the same results.  First “7” is stripped..  Interesting, I don’t know if
> this presents anything of interest to you, but if I set the value to begin
> with “774.” it strips both 7’s. Almost like its looking for the option to
> start with a 7 and removing any of them?
>
> Dayton

Well that seems like it's not a length issue.  Of course, 774 isn't a
valid octet at all, I'm surprised that it would even parse.  But maybe
it doesn't get parsed if that option is sent as a string rather than
an IP address.

Can you use wireshark to capture the packet dnsmasq sends?  That's
similar to DHCP logging, better in some ways and not in others.