[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq service script mssing on RHEL 5.2

Justin McAteer justin.mcateer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 17:39:05 BST 2010

Kurt,

I believe I may have run into your problem before as well. However, now we
are installing from source and we are using the following command to install
the SysV Init script:

cp contrib/init.d/rc.redhat.dnsmasq  /etc/init.d/dnsmasq

Where the 'contrib' directory is part of the DNSMasq source tree. Also
you would need to setup the service to be started on the correct
runlevels with the command:

chkconfig dnsmasq on

Even if you are not installing from source, you should be able to copy this
file from the source control server and install it just the same.

Thanks,
Justin