[Dnsmasq-discuss] wrong response code for no SRV record

Rahul Amaram rahul at synovel.com
Thu Apr 29 12:31:51 BST 2010

Hi,
I think I have found a bug in dnsmasq though I am not sure if this is
the anticipated way it works. In /etc/dnsmasq.conf, it is mentioned:

# A SRV record indicating that there is no LDAP server for the domain
# example.com
#srv-host=_ldap._tcp.example.com

which means when a query for this record is made it is supposed to send
a NXDOMAIN reply but this does not happen.

I am attaching a patch which makes it behave this way. Kindly review it
and let me know if I have misinterpreted something.

Looking forward to an early reply.

Regards,
Rahul.