[Dnsmasq-discuss] ignore PXE but not DHCP

Ignacio Díez ignacio.diez at alu.uclm.es
Fri Apr 30 15:42:10 BST 2010

Hello,

     I have dnsmasq configured both as a PXE and a DHCP server. I can
make the computers boot from their HDD or from PXE with the
dhcp-host:MAC,ignore line.

     However, if dnsmasq ignores the petition, the PC boots from the
disk but it cannot get an IP, as dnsmasq ignores both the PXE and the
DHCP requests. How can I make dnsmasq ignore only PXE request but serve
DHCP anyway?

     I've been trying to find the solution over the internet and the
dnsmasq documentation, but I seem unable to find it.

Regards,
    Nacho