[Dnsmasq-discuss] question on dnsmasq capability...trying to do something maybe a bit unusual

Chris Friesen cbf123 at mail.usask.ca
Tue Jun 8 22:29:06 BST 2010

On 06/08/2010 02:24 PM, Niels wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2010, at 20:28 , Chris Friesen wrote:
>
>> the specific host "company.com" should go to nameserver X
>> names of the form "x.company.com" should go to nameserver Y
>>
>> Is there any way to do this?
>
> Yes. It is covered in the manual.

Care to be more specific?  Currently I have a rule of the form:

server=/company1.com/a.b.c.d

As far as I can tell there is no way to distinguish between domains and
hosts in the "server" option, so how do I make it so that "company1.com"
itself goes to the standard servers instead of a.b.c.d?

What I would like is to have wildcards such that I could use rules of
the form:

server=/company1.com/#
server=/*.company1.com/a.b.c.d

Thanks,