[Dnsmasq-discuss] Announce: dnsmasq-2.55

clemens fischer ino-news at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org
Thu Jun 10 21:37:36 BST 2010

On Mon-2010/06/07-23:09 Simon Kelley wrote:

> I've just released dnsmasq version 2.55, which corrects a few problems
> with the 2.53 release and gets the version numbering back in order.
>
> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/dnsmasq-2.55.tar.gz
> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/dnsmasq-2.55.tar.lzma
>
> Changelog below.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon.

> version 2.55
>           Fix crash when /etc/ethers is in use. Thanks to
>           Gianluigi Tiesi for finding this.
>
>           Fix crash in netlink_multicast(). Thanks to Arno Wald for
>           finding this one.
>
>           Allow the empty domain "." in dhcp domain-search (119)
>           options.

I'm running 2.55 here.  I had always set the empty domain in option 119:

    dhcp-option = tag:wlan, option:domain-search, .

The log contains:

    sent size:  4 option:119:domain-search  ff:ff:ff:ff

and I think this has always been like this.  Is this correct or is my
configuration wrong?  Tcpdump logs it thusly:

    T119 Option 119, length 4: 4294967295

Everything else works fine, but obviously I'm not good at triggering
bugs.

> version 2.54
>           There is no version 2.54 to avoid confusion with 2.53,
>           which incorrectly identifies itself as 2.54.

This is still a good chuckle, thanks!  Additional points for boldly
obliterating 2.54 before it was even conceived.  A good solution.

clemens