[Dnsmasq-discuss] Problems with dnsmasq configuration

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 06:43:00 BST 2010

Taking this back to the list.

http://linux.die.net/man/8/named

Also, running netstat *should* have showed you not only what network
programs were running, but what port numbers they were using.
Depending on what parameters you used, you might get well-known ports
as names or numbers -- dns is 53 and dhcp uses the bootp ports, 67 and
68.

If you want to use dnsmasq in the dns caching role, then yes you'll
want to disable or uninstall named.