[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dynamic DNS

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 18:22:58 BST 2010

While dnsmasq can act as an overlay (respond to names it knows,
forward requests *in the same domain* for unknown names), I don't
think the Microsoft DNS server can do that.  So you end up needing
different subdomains for AD-joined computers from those that aren't,
in order for every node to resolve every name properly.

Something else to note is that the Microsoft DNS can act as the
recursive server which dnsmasq requires.