[Dnsmasq-discuss] log-queries

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Fri Jul 2 14:11:59 BST 2010

I am triing to debug some DNS problems on the network, therefore I came to
enable log-queries in dnsmasq.conf, but it seems it is logging nothing.

What I've tried/read:
Enabling log-dhcp works ok. If I shut down dnsmasq, then I have no dns
using remote logging (as per FAQ I found). Tried to disable selinux, as it
is causing sometimes weird problems, no inflence. Downloaded source from
fedora - no patches, just make (enables dbus and changes some paths). With
kill -10 dnsmasq I get statistic - queries are passed without errors to
upstream DNS. But there is no query logged thru syslog-ng.

So instead debugging the DNS issue I am fighting dnsmasq now. I would be
glad for any advice how to trace what's going on with dnsmasq log-queries.

I am at dnsmasq 2.52 on Fedora 12. Can not easily compile 2.55 at the
machine.

Thank you

Adam Pribyl