[Dnsmasq-discuss] load balanced dnsmasq?

clemens fischer ino-news at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org
Tue Jul 20 20:05:10 BST 2010

Mariano Absatz wrote:

(please don't top post)

> So, given that, I may write down the static IP/hostname assignments in
> every dnsmasq server and that would give the correct name in every
> server.
>
> All would have the same MAC/IP/hostname configuration in dnsmasq.conf
> so even if there are dhcp collisions (e.g. because 2 servers got a
> broadcast request), they would all reply the same configuration and
> the clients should be happy enough, would they?

I think richardvoigt meant to separate the configurations of the DHCP
servers to make them ignore requests they don't have entries for, if
that is possible.

I was going to suggest splitting the network into a number of smaller
sub networks connected by switches, and maybe using dhcp-relay, another
fine product of simon.

clemens