[Dnsmasq-discuss] Can't get dnsmasq to work on OS X 10.6 as DNS forwarder only

Jan Psota jasiu at kkfsa.pl
Sat Jul 31 09:08:06 BST 2010

John Puffs <johnnypuffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running Snow Leopard latest 10.6.4
> I installed Macports. I installed dnsmasq
>
> I tried EVERYTHING I have read. Nothing works. I get:
>
> failed to bind listening socket   Address already in use
>
> or
>
> failed to create listening socket   Address already in use

I use Linux, but:
	netstat -lup
# = --listening --udp --program (run as root)
should show you which program blocks dnsmasq by binding port 53 (domain)
like here:
udp        0      0 *:domain    *:*     3116/dnsmasq
udp        0      0 *:bootps    *:*     3116/dnsmasq
udp        0      0 *:tftp      *:*     3116/dnsmasq

(It won't be dnsmasq!) Kill that process and start dnsmasq then.

--
jasiu