[Dnsmasq-discuss] File System Access by Dnsmasq

Robert Pollai rap.nospam2 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 9 19:37:29 BST 2010

Normal            0
   false            false            false                        EN-US
       X-NONE            X-NONE

Hi Justin & Simon,

             Thanks for your responses.

             I am already using the no-resolv option and the ls -la
/proc/<pid>/fd gives me only sockets and pipes apart from the log and lease
files.

             Not sure what is waking up the disks then. Maybe the NAS is
not smart enough to know that dnsmasq accesses the files on the USB mount
and just wakes up the disks for any file system access.

             Cheers, Robert