[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq responding to DHCPINFORM only

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jazinga.com
Tue Aug 17 18:16:00 BST 2010

Is it possible to have dnsmasq run alongside an existing DHCP server on the
network, but only respond to DHCP INFORM requests with the appropriate
option #. Essentially, I want to have my existing DHCP server hand out IPs,
but when the client device doesn't receive option 66 information, it send a
DHCP INFORM request, which I want dnsmasq to reply to.

I tried to set up dnsmasq.conf to listen on the appropriate interface, did
not set it as authoritative, did not include any IP address range, but did
specify dhcp-mac and dhcp-option entries.

Thank you.

--

Nabeel Jafferali

Director - Product Mgmt.