[Dnsmasq-discuss] Single interface, multiple subnets...

Scott VivoSomnio at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 20:47:22 BST 2010

Hmmm.  Well turning off dnsmasq & throwing up a quick windows DHCP server
seems to work for both subnets in terms of distributing the IP's.  =\

I did just test again by removing the 2nd network segment.  I've placed all
three machines on the same physical network.  I have the 2 DHCP ranges
configured in dnsmasq, and I have 2 reservations made via MAC address.  The
reservation for the 192.168.1.128/25 range hands out, the reservation for
the 192.168.1.0/25 gives the " no address range available for DHCP request
via eth0" error.  So now I'm able to repro on the same physical segment,
simply due to the fact that the IP reservation I've made is in a different
subnet than the eth0 IP address.  If I change eth0 on the DHCP server to an
IP in the 192.168.1.0/25 range, then suddenly the 192.168.1.0/25 DHCP
reservation works, and the 192.168.1.128/25 reservation that was working
previously gives the " no address range available for DHCP request via eth0"
error.

So to me, this definitely has something to do with the dnsmasq configuration
as it pertains to serving reservations outside of it's subnet.

Regards,
Scott Jarboe