[Dnsmasq-discuss] Completely disable IPv6

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Thu Oct 7 21:45:43 BST 2010

On 10/7/2010 7:18 AM, Adam Hardy wrote:
> I thought I should configure dnsmasq to give out an instruction in the DHCP
> leases to tell the workstations not to use IPv6.
>
> Is that possible? It doesn't look like it.

  Nope, DHCP (as such) only configures IPv4 interfaces (and *some*
global options); I've never seen or heard of any mechanisms for dealing
with IPv6 at all (other than DHCPv6, which is a TOTALLY different
beast).  You're pretty well stuck disabling IPv6 on each and every
relevant host.
  (Personally and professionally I feel that's an awful hack that should
never be necessary in this era -- where IPv6 deployment needs to be
happening NOW -- but I understand that there's some seriously broken
software out there.)

      Jima
   IPv6 junkie