[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP setup

Philippe Faure philippe at faure.ca
Sun Oct 24 03:01:35 BST 2010

Thank you Stefano for your reply.  Sorry for the delay.  I believe
that I have figured out what was going on.  We are running vtund.  It
use iptables to filter what goes over the tunnel or not.

After a little digging and trial/error. I was able to find a way a
single command that will stop each DHCP server from sending replies to
DHCPREQUESTS from other locations.

firewall "-t filter -A FORWARD  -p udp  --dport 67:68 -j DROP";

This will drop any packets that are going to be forwarded over the
tunnel for destination ports 67 (DHCPREQUEST) and 68 (DHCPACK).

I thought that I would send this to the list for anyone who might be
able to use this information.

Philippe