[Dnsmasq-discuss] bugreport: log-queries must be used with no-daemon

任晓磊 julyclyde at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 05:00:46 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:
> No. --no-daemon OR --log-queries is sufficient. That was true with the
> code in 2.55 too, but the use of bitwise operators makes it less
> obvious. I suspect the part of your patch which made it work for you was
> the changing of the log facilty from LOG_DEBUG to LOG_INFO.

Hmmm, I used to be confused.

In version 2.55, if I use --no-daemon only and kill a USR1 to the
process, it will dump cache to stderr, not to syslog . If I use
--log-queries only, LOG_DEBUG doesn't work, because syslogd ignores
*.debug by default (in CentOS/Redhat). So, ONLY log facilty need to be
changed. Actually it not dnsmasq's fault, it's the OS distro's.
I have not read the whole source code, because I am an SYSOP, not a programmer.

About the condition in `if' statement, I was indeed confused by the
bitwise operator.

--
Ren Xiaolei