[Dnsmasq-discuss] Handling unknown RTYPEs and querying for version...

Nicholas Weaver nweaver at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 21:07:47 GMT 2010

Thanks to all for your help.  I figured out what the problem was
(apparently, the RFCs not withstanding), several major DNS servers,
including bind, treat 'meta' RRTYPEs (128-255) as special, namely,
they will NOT process them or pass them, instead giving various
errors.

The test now uses a non-meta RRTYPE (type 1169).

Oh, and I found out how to get dig to do arbittrary rtypes:

dig type1169 txt.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu