[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple Macs -> Same IP

Jan Psota jasiu at kkfsa.pl
Wed Jan 12 13:23:51 GMT 2011

JT <jt at openscg.com> napisał(a):
> Is there a way that I can convince dnsmasq to assign the same IP to the two
> different mac addresses? I should note the saving grace here is that the

From man.

dhcp-host
[...]
As  a  special  case,  it  is possible to include more than one
hardware address. eg:
--dhcp-host=11:22:33:44:55:66,12:34:56:78:90:12,192.168.0.2 This allows
an IP address to  be  associated  with multiple hardware addresses, and
gives dnsmasq permission to abandon a DHCP lease to one of the hardware
addresses when another  one  asks  for  a lease.  Beware  that  this
is a dangerous thing to do, it will only work reliably if only one of
the hardware addresses is active at any time and there is no way for
dns- masq  to enforce this. It is, for instance, useful to allocate a
stable IP address to

And I suggest using dhcp-hostsfile - less to write and more elegant way.

--
Jan