[Dnsmasq-discuss] Question about dnsmasq dhcp-ignore

mariodebian mariodebian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:15:20 GMT 2011

Hi.

This is my first message in this list, sorry if anyone made this
question before.

I have a simple /24 network with dnsmasq as DHCP server and DNS cache.

dhcp-range=192.168.1.55,192.168.1.199,2h
dhcp-option=option:router,192.168.1.1
dhcp-option=option:dns-server,192.168.1.1

The dynamic range is reserved for notebooks and other computers
connected by wired or wireless...

I want to block all mobile devices (iPhone, HTC, Blackberry...) first
ignoring DHCP and second adding a DROP line to iptables with all ignored
MAC.

To ignore a MAC vendor range I use this:

dhcp-ignore=tobeignored
dhcp-mac=tobeignored,00:21:e9:*:*:*

This works ok, but I want to have a white list, I had tried something
like this:

dhcp-ignore=!whitelist,tobeignored
dhcp-mac=tobeignored,00:21:e9:*:*:*
dhcp-mac=whitelist,00:21:e9:aa:aa:aa

But, with this config, dnsmasq stop ignoring DHCP requests.

How can I add 2 or more networks flags to dhcp-ignore?
How can I negate the network flag in dhcp-ignore?

I can't use "know "flag because I don't have all allowed MAC.

dnsmasq version: 2.45-1+lenny1

Thanks for your help.
--
Greetings