[Dnsmasq-discuss] txt-record service discovery

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 13:18:37 GMT 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 04:29:22AM -0500, Weedy wrote:
> After pouring over the dox I came to the syntax of:
>
> txt-record=_pdl-datastream._tcp.openwrt.lan.,product=(HP LaserJet 1200)
> txt-record=_pdl-datastream._tcp.openwrt.lan.,pdl=application/vnd.hp-PCL
> txt-record=_pdl-datastream._tcp.openwrt.lan.,pdl=application/vnd.cups-postscript
> txt-record=_pdl-datastream._tcp.openwrt.lan.,usb_MFG=HP
> txt-record=_pdl-datastream._tcp.openwrt.lan.,usb_MDL=HP LaserJet
> 1200,note=Basement
> txt-record=_pdl-datastream._tcp.openwrt.lan.,note=Basement
>
> Obviously this doesn't work or I would not be posting.

Perhaps you could be more specific about what is not working:
1. If "dig _pdl-datastream._tcp.openwrt.lan. txt" shows all those
   records, dnsmasq did its part, and is working fine. Whatever
   uses those TXT records for service discovery is probably not
   on topic here.
2. If not, complete information would be required, to help you.