[Dnsmasq-discuss] logging dns queries

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Fri Mar 18 13:46:00 GMT 2011

Hallo, Olaf,

Du meintest am 18.03.11:

>> Can I tell "dnsmasq" too to log the queries?

> Find manual. Read manual. Look for --log-queries.

It works - thank you!
But it's not as comfortable as the ISC-bind form: there I can define a
special log file only for named queries.

Under "dnsmasq" there's only 1 log file for all messages (if I've
understood this nice program right), and then it's an ugly job to find
the few interesting lines in a rapidly growing file.

In other words: can I tell "dnsmasq" to use one file for DHCP logging
(that works - thanks to Simon), another file for named queries and a
third file for all the other stuff?

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut