[Dnsmasq-discuss] 2 PXE servers

Miguel Cruz toky.cruz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 23:56:43 BST 2011

This is my current config in /etc/dnsmasq.conf:

bogus-priv
conf-file=/etc/dnsmasq/dhcp.conf
dhcp-authoritative
dhcp-lease-max=1000
dhcp-mac = set:fog, 00:01:2e:bc:2e:49 #MAC for zbox in living room
pxe-service = tag:fog,x86PC,"fog",gpxelinux,192.168.1.127 #xbmcMaster
dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0
dhcp-boot=192.168.1.182
pxe-service=x86PC, pxelinux.0, pxelinux, 192.168.1.182
domain-needed
domain=EXAMPLE.com
expand-hosts
no-negcache
strict-order
user=nobody

I'm assuming that we created the "tag" fog, then we are using it to identify
systems? If so, I could call it anything I want correct?

I'm also assuming that it will read the config in sequence, so if it does
not match the first PXE settings it will take the next as default.  Or do I
have to now list all MAC addresses and assign them to a tag and PXE
configuration?

Thanks for your prompt reply, wife has been sick so I have not had time to
test this out.

Cheers,
Miguel