No subject

Tue Mar 29 00:13:48 BST 2011

I'm afraid I actually have very little idea what you mean by the above?
Note offlist reply - probably want to reply onlist ?

> You know my regex patch for dnsmasq?
> This way you can match a domain by regex for address-config entries or
> server-config entries.

> # forward to special dns server to handle dynamic hosts
> server=/:computer-[\n]+.my-site.example.com:/192.0.2.11

(a) This is not intended to rate limit clients
(b) This is not intended to regex match address-config or server-config entries.

In very very simple terms,

It was intended to make dnsmasq partial to upstream servers present in
resolv.conf,
even if upstream servers given through the command line is the fastest to reply.
That is all i was intending to do.

Why this is useful ?? I wont get into specifics, but it was an
"internal requirement".

Hope that clarifies
Harish Badrinath