[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS but no DNS Options...

Peter Murphy peter.murphy at lincor.com
Fri May 20 16:08:08 BST 2011

Hi,

I have configured dnsmasq as a Proxy DHCP server. It successfully offers
Pxe Boot options to all clients.
Unfortunately I also want it to act as a DNS forwarder... When I enable
port=0 it forwards requests successfully. However if a client is
rebooted the PXE boot will fail because it is receiving the DNS option
from 2 DHCP servers, the main DHCP server and my new dnsmasq proxy
server...  I get a "client does not accept options" error.

So in short my question is, how can I enable DNS on dnsmasq but not
offer the dns option to clients?

Thanks in advance.
Peter