[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP serving more than one DNS servers

Matti Viljanen matti.viljanen at wippies.com
Tue May 31 06:56:27 BST 2011

31.5.2011 8:34, Matti Viljanen kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> I'm configuring DNSMasq and so far so good! The server's running Ubuntu
> 11.04 64-bit, fresh install yesterday.
>
> Howeverm I am unable to configure DNSMasq in such way that it would give
> the DHCP clients information about two DNS servers. I want the first one
> to be the server itself, and the second(ary) server would then be my
> ADSL box. I believe one of these is right:
>
> dhcp-option=5,0.0.0.0,10.10.10.1
>
> or
>
> dhcp-option=5,0.0.0.0
> dhcp-option=5,10.10.10.1
>
> My Win7 laptop just doesn't seem to get it, and I have currently no
> other computer to test it.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Matti Viljanen, Finland

Hi again,

I cannot read, it seems. See this page:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/bootp-dhcp-parameters/bootp-dhcp-parameters.xml

It just says "5 Name Server" and "6 Domain Server" and I picked the
wrong one. Should have found out about "dnsmasq --help dhcp" earlier
instead of just manpages and googling.

Line inserted: dhcp-option=option:dns-server,0.0.0.0,10.10.10.1 and it
works perfectly.
--
Matti Viljanen, Finland