[Dnsmasq-discuss] [suggestion] tiny embedded web server

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Jul 1 23:38:49 BST 2011

> P.S.
> I did have an (evil?) :D thought of investigating how I could go about
> merging the two file source code within 'dnsmasq', but that will have wait
> for now (Hardly any time) :)

Given that Mongoose claims to be around 40KB (ie not entirely
featherweight), what are you hoping to gain by including it within
dnsmasq?  I highly doubt that you will do better than increase the size
of the dnsmasq binary by 39.99Kb?

On an more "nosey" aside - what are your requirements that saving 250KB
(say by not using nginx) or saving a few KB by including in dnsmasq, is
a useful saving? Is this a very compact embedded system you are
building? If so, presumably you already include busybox - did you look
at the microwebserver included in that?

Always interested in other peoples projects!

Good luck

Ed W