[Dnsmasq-discuss] Hosts list

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Jul 21 10:44:56 BST 2011

On 19/07/2011 14:15, Tomas Sironi wrote:
> This might be a silly question, but I'm wondering if there is any way to
> show all the leases dnsmasq provides with each hostname from a client.
> The host utility shows the hostname of a given ip, but I don't know if
> it can list every host in the network. This would be like showing the
> dnsmasq leases file, but from a host, not the server. Any suggestions?

Wild idea, but dhcpcd can be compiled with dbus support and I believe
dbus can be accessed over the network (dunno how though...).  You can
write simple scripts to access dbus and I believe there are some gui
dbus tools - quite possibly you can put that lot together...?

Actually if you do have a play with all of the above please report on
how you get on, even partially?

Good luck

Ed W