[Dnsmasq-discuss] Failover from preferred to less-preferred DNS servers with dnsmasq

Philip Bock phil at flamewars.org
Wed Aug 10 22:00:06 BST 2011

>Understood, but also note that if you haven't tried OpenVPN then do give
>it a go!

I've used it a bit. My experiences have been mostly good. I just don't
think it's necessary in this case.

>Using a VPN solves a bunch of problems that you haven't yet worried
>about such as eavesdropping, forced routing and the like?

Confidentiality and authentication are handled at the application layer
in this case. I already have clients connecting from simple Internet
connections, so I can't afford to rely on the security of the network
layer too much.

Thanks for your input!

Philip