[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP Relay, assign address from other vlan, with no dhcp listening on it

Michael Rack michael.rack at rsm-freilassing.de
Tue Sep 13 10:27:38 BST 2011

Am 12.09.2011 16:15, schrieb SpiderX:
> What I need is that dnsmasq assigns ip address (create DHCPOFFER
> packet) based on remote-id or/and circuit-id, and not on sub-option 5
> which will arrive only in RENEWING state.
> Is there any chance that dnsmasq will do this?

1. SUB-OPTION 5 is not only in RENEWING state, it is also available
within DISCORVER messages.

2. i don't think that dnsmasq will do this. The programm layout does not
use remote-id or/and circuit-id for the dhcp-range selection. DNSMASQ
tags the incoming request after valid dhcp-range was found. So your tags
based on remote-id or/and circuit-id are useless.

@simon: is there a possibility to add a option like "circuit-id" to the
--dhcp-range option? So when a DISCOVER-Message with circuit-id
receives, dnsmasq knows, which dhcp-range to choose. circuit-id should
take advance over other checks.