[Dnsmasq-discuss] Strange TFTP problem on OpenIndiana

Daryl Richards daryl at isletech.net
Tue Sep 13 12:57:25 BST 2011

On 11-09-12 11:58 AM, Daryl Richards wrote:
> On 9/11/2011 5:32 PM, Simon Kelley wrote:
>> Please keep debugging. Any idea when this broke? (ie which older
>> versions work and which don't). Is your boot client doing TFTP over
>> IPv6 (broken) and falling back to IPv4 when it's not enabled? Be aware
>> that many PXE ROMS deliberately fail and restart TFTP connections, so
>> the errors may be a red-herring (The mangled address isn't, though)
>> OPenIndiana implies OpenSolaris, right? Suspect the extra code that
>> went into prettyprint_addr() in 2.58 Cheers, Simon.
>
> I don't think it's dnsmasq itself. I was running 2.55 when it broke,
> then I upgraded to 2.58 to see if that helped and no luck. I probably
> did update the OS during that time, so I'm suspecting an odd interaction
> with that.
>
> OpenIndiana = the continuing development of OpenSolaris after Oracle
> dumped it.

Instead of trusting my memory, I went back and re-built the last many
versions to see what happened. 2.55 works, 2.56 (and since) doesn't. I
even tried building them all on a fresh install in a VM with the same
results. Looking at the changelog, both Solaris zones and IPv6 TFTP were
added in that version.. Yay, two targets!

--
Daryl Richards
Isle Technical Services Inc.