[Dnsmasq-discuss] Domain address binding excluding subdomains.

0xception 0xception at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 23:39:01 GMT 2011

I tried the /sub.example.com/# like you suggested again (actually read
about it before and already tested, but thought perhaps I missed
something).

when i added the lines

address=/sub.example.com/#

to my dnsmasq.conf i get an error on start. It seems that this is a
syntax error. However looking over the man i see that
address=/#/1.2.3.4 should work but it does not say that
address=/domain.com/# will work. It does however show that
server=/domain.com/# is an option. So i changed all my addresses to
servers and tried this.

This does in work. But i have to enter in each subdomain i want passed
through as server=/sub.example.com/# does not match s1-sub.example.com
or anything else.  Not a huge deal i can add them in. Thanks for the
help.