[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSMasq and Windows 7

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sat Jan 7 14:35:54 GMT 2012

On 29/12/11 15:22, Didster wrote:
> Brielle, thanks very much
>
> Adding dhcp-option=252,\n\000
>
> Has fixed it - Windows 7 is now accepting the IP.  Flamin' M$!
>
> Perhaps Simon could add this to the FAQ?
>
> Thanks again

OK, this just bubbled up to the top of my TODO list and I've realised
that Brielle's recipe doesn't do the same thing as the ISC configuration
is was translated from. Clearly the value of the option is enough to
satisfy windows, but I'm pretty sure that the correct formulation should be

dhcp-option=252,"\n"

ie send a string consisting only of newline.

Brielle, and/or Didster, please could you check that works OK? I don't
want to put untested stuff in the FAQ.