[Dnsmasq-discuss] UDP DNS Requests

Mike Owens mike at transpireinc.com
Wed Jan 11 17:47:21 GMT 2012

I was hoping for some more ideas on why DNS won't respond to UDP requests
but responds just fine to TCP requests. I've trimmed down the dnsmasq.conf
file to the minimum for what I need. The conf is in my last message. I've
commented out all unnecessary enties in the host file. I've disabled access
to the resolv.conf file. I am explicitly referencing one and only one DNS
server for forwarding. The referenced DNS server responds to UDP requests
just fine. I've disabled and removed the firewall on the dnsmasq machine.
What are the other possible causes of not receiving responses from UDP
requests?