[Dnsmasq-discuss] UDP DNS Requests

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Jan 13 21:33:54 GMT 2012

On 13/01/12 20:30, Mike Owens wrote:
> I don't have any of those options. I have a server option pointing at
> the local DNS server only. resolv.conf is disabled. hosts only has
> what's absolutely necessary.

OK, there was an "interface=eth0" option in the config file you posted
originally.

Next test: run

strace dnsmasq -d

which will show you all the system calls that dnsmasq is making. There
will be a huge slew of stuff as it starts up and then it should block in
select()

Do a query to 127.0.0.1 from the system running dnsmasq and verify you
can see dnsmasq read()ing and writing() to file descriptors.

Repeat the test from another machine and see of dnsmasq is reading
packets in response to that.

Simon.