[Dnsmasq-discuss] Requirement to restrict dhcp requests to be served only via a single network interface.

Vivek Varghese Cherian vivekcherian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:43:50 GMT 2012

Hi,

My server has 2 Ethernet interfaces, eth0 and eth1.

eth0 is set up in bridged mode to communicate to the outside world.

eth1 serves an internal I.P Address range 192.168.1.x series via dhcp.

I would like to ensure that no dhcp requests are served to the outside
world via
the eth0 interface.

In my /etc/dnsmasq.conf I have set the option as ' interface=eth1.'

Is there anything further I have to do to prevent dhcp requests from being
served
via eth0 ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
--
Vivek Varghese Cherian (विवेक वर्गीस चेरियान)
Senior System Administrator

IRC: Vivek and ViveKVC on both Freenode and OFTC
GPG Key fingerprint = 1EB1 0647 9574 18A3 40B5  8D74 F842 576B 3C2B 8538