[Dnsmasq-discuss] Feature Request: tftp-script

Shantanu Gadgil shantanugadgil at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 07:09:24 GMT 2012

Hi,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to have hooks for the TFTP operations, just like the DHCP operations.

This is just a rough thought for now ...
When a TFTP request is made from the client (or is successful when the file is /actually/ provided), I want to be able to log the IP adress (or maybe send a mail) to collect some data as to how many network based installations actually started, etc.

If it could be possible to have the filename as one of the parameters in the hook, it would be even better, as then I can isolate actual installations that started, as opposed to TFTP requests which just loading the PXE menu.

Regards,
Shantanu