[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq 2.61test7 & RA issues

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sun Mar 25 20:58:27 BST 2012

Please could you look at 2.61test8, in the usual places now?

I wrote a long email detailing the various orthogonal config options and
which combinations were useful, which helped my thoughts enormously, but
probably didn't make things clear for anyone else.

Note that I've not updated the man pages or examples yet, but here are
examples of all the things that might be useful.

Do DHCPv6 on subnets, do router advertisements on these subnets with M
and O bits set and A bit not set, so that no SLAAC addresses used.
enable-ra
dhcp-range=1234::100, 1234::200
dhcp-range=2345::100, 2345::200

As above, but for this subnet, set A bit so clients use SLAAC addresses
as well
dhcp-range=1234::100, 1234::200, slaac

Don't do DHCPv6 on subnet, only RA. M and O bits clear, A bit set
dhcp-range=1234::, ra-only

As above, but also use DHCPv4-derived names for SLAAC addresses
dhcp-range=1234::, ra-names.

Do stateless DHCPv6 and RA on subnet. clear M bit, set O and A bits
dhcp-range=1234::, ra-stateless

As above, but also use DHCPv4 derived names
dhcp-range=1234::, ra-stateless, ra-names

It came together quite well, I think..