[Dnsmasq-discuss] hash function in cache.c file

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Apr 13 16:58:31 BST 2012

On 13/04/12 14:10, dnsmasq dnsmasq wrote:
> hello Simon,
>
> what's the utility of the hash function in cache.c file in Dnsmasq
> source code?

Please could you do three things:

1) Stop posting to the dnsmasq mailing list. This is strictly off-topic
there and you're cluttering up several hundred inboxes.

2) Introduce yourself. Who are you, why do you want to learn about
dnsmasq? It's only polite.

3) Tell me what _you_ think the hash function does (or hash functions in
general). I'll be much happier to spend some time passing on knowledge
if you can demonstrate that you've put some effort in to understanding
the subject first.