[Dnsmasq-discuss] Slow response to DHCPDISCOVER

Daryl Richards daryl at isletech.net
Tue Apr 24 15:51:31 BST 2012

Actually, the "10 dollar domestic router" fix points to the probable
solution. You likely have spanning tree turned on on your usual switch,
which will block all traffic on that port for the first 50 seconds after
a link state change. Either switch to rapid spanning tree, or look into
your switch's version of "portfast"..

Daryl Richards
Isle Technical Services Inc.