[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq 2.61 no periodic RA's

Jim Bos jim876 at xs4all.nl
Sun May 6 15:59:33 BST 2012

Hello,

I've been trying the new router-advertisement and seems to work well.
For the moment I'm just doing RA, no state-full dhcp yet.

But what I'm seeing is everything works but as there is no periodic RA
(I've been monitoring with wireshark) is sent, so the advertised default
route times out after 1800s and ipv6 routing is lost.

I have only these relevant ipv6 statements now:

dhcp-option=option6:dns-server,[::]
dhcp-range=2001:XXXX:XXXX:fd::, ra-stateless, ra-names
enable-ra

When I restart dnsmasq, I *do* see an RTR-ADVERT in the logs and an
actual RA on the wire.

So what's preventing periodic RA's being sent or what am I missing ?

Jim.