[Dnsmasq-discuss] Problems with DHCP packets with broadcast flag enabled

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Mon May 7 20:55:31 BST 2012

Check if sending the DHCPOFFER fails (if for example, it is a renewal
packet and therefore unicast rather than multicast, and it can't find
a MAC address for that client because ARP is blocked).  I think
checking the return value from `sendto` should trap this scenario.

If the DHCPOFFER packet doesn't make it to the interface, then the
client can't accept the offered address, and no entry will be made in
the lease table.