[Dnsmasq-discuss] Local network, local DNS and public remote DNS
linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Mon May 7 22:19:59 BST 2012
Here is my problem, I'm trying to be as clear as possible.
1) Got a local network, let's say 3 PCs : PC1, PC2 and PC3
2) local network name is : foo.com
3) All /etc/hosts are like this
4) ping PC1, PC2 or PC3 or PC1.foo.com PC2.foo.com PC3.foo.com works
5) PC1 is 192.168.0.254, it hosts dnsmasq used as a DNS cache
6) PC1 /etc/hosts
7) I also own a public domain name foo.com, so pc1.foo.com resolve to its
public IP : 184.108.40.206. This domain is owned by my favorite registrar.
Problem : when I add an entry "remoteserver.foo.com" (IP : 220.127.116.11) in my
public DNS entries : any computer from the local network can find it because
PC1, PC2 and PC3 search it in the local network instead of asking to the remote
public DNS : how can I solve this?
"May the source be with you my young padawan"
More information about the Dnsmasq-discuss