[Dnsmasq-discuss] strange list server bounces

starlight at binnacle.cx starlight at binnacle.cx
Tue May 8 21:40:23 BST 2012

At 09:17 PM 5/8/2012 +0100, Simon Kelley wrote:
>Agreed that explicit A and AAAA records would be
>better, except that the A record is actually
>dynamic: it could (in theory) change at any time

Here CNAME is better for sure.  Used to run
dynamic DNS so I know what you mean.

If you can obtain static for a reasonable
sum I highly recommend it.  Often this requires
a business account, but at least in the
US, base business-grade service is often
the same price as residential (e.g. Comcast).
The beauty is one can get much better
service when a problem aries by banging
a shoe and making a point of the service grade.

>Given how long this has taken to come to light, I
>suspect that most don't.

Wouldn't be so sure.  Sendmail is still in
significant use and is the only way to implement
configurations with sophisticated address
rewriting rules, assuming one doesn't want to
write a milter.

Most people just give up when their email
bounces.  I almost did.