[Dnsmasq-discuss] A (possibly bad) idea: failover in dnsmasq

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Sun May 27 04:18:21 BST 2012

> Configuration on a primary looks like
>
> --failover-listen= <port no>
>
> Configuration on a secondary looks like
>
> --failover-master=<IP of primary>,<port on primary>

I think more consideration should go into the configuration command
names, since putting a "fallover-master" option on a secondary is
counter-intuitive.  After all, one doesn't put a "dhcp-authoritative"
option on non-authoritative servers to tell them where to find the
authoritative server.  Also, shouldn't the standby/failover behavior
be linked to authoritative?