[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq and sshfp records

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Mon May 28 21:52:36 BST 2012

On 27/05/12 20:20, Gerd Koenig wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Go for it!
>>>
>>> I recommend reading RFC 3597, Section 5 on the text-representation of
>>> arbitrary DNS RR types, and if possible lean towards that, making lives
>>> of people who copy paste RDATA easier. :)
>>>

>> I'll support that as well.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Simon.
>>

> I like the approach of supporting arbitrary RR types, since it is a very
> flexible, future oriented solution and it covers my original question also
> :-)
> After some investigation it pointed out that using DNSSEC would be a bit
> too much overhead because we are inside a secure network (just as a
> feedback to JP).
>
> How is the workflow for adding a new functionality, some kind of rules for
> working @dnsmasq source ?!?!
> I'm not a C guru, but I'd like to contribute as much as I can to speed up
> the implementation of supporting arbitrary RR types......immediately after
> my Corpus Christi vacation ;-) ....

Please download

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/release-candidates/dnsmasq-2.62rc1.tar.gz

and see if it does what you expect with --dns-rr

Note that the example configuration above is wrong: it's missing the
domain name and should be

dns-rr=example.com,44,2:1:123456789abcdef67890123456789abcdef67890