[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq is broken

e9hack e9hack at googlemail.com
Tue May 29 15:13:12 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm using dnsmasq on an ADSL router (Speedport W500V with a modified BitSwitcher
firmware). Dnsmasq is used as a dns resolver and a DHCP/DHCPv6 server. RA is done by
radvd, because it is easier to manage the address for a 6to4 auto tunnel with radvd.

since v2.62test4:
The clients don't get an IPv6 address. They got an IPv4 address only. v2.62test3 works fine.

since v2.62rc1:
I'm not able to start dnsmasq, because it complains about the user and group of the lease
file. It tries to access /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases and /var/dnsmasq.leases, but
/var/dnsmasq.leases is set in the config file by 'dhcp-leasefile=/var/dnsmasq.leases'
only. The router has the users root:root and nobody:nogroup. v2.62test4 does start.

Regards,
Hartmut